We prefer to work on electronic versions of manuscripts and we prefer to charge an hourly rate, but can quote on fixed price projects after reviewing the material and agreeing on the level of editing desired. All amounts are in Australian dollars (AUD$). Discounts can be negotiated for qualifying post-graduate students.
If needed we will edit a few pages without charge, so you can see our suggestions about the grammar, spelling, punctuation, and so on. We can offer detailed suggestions about structure and content, as well as line-by-line, word-by-word editing and proofreading.
Generally, as a guide (but remember each job is unique) :
Proofreading – ~$200 for each 10,000 words
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar is corrected (according to Oxford English Dictionary, Macquarie Dictionary, or other dictionary as specified)
- Check simple arithmetic, and units are correct (e.g., mmol/L or umol/L)
- Correct inconsistencies in nomenclature, presentation, style etc
- Format according to your requirements or the Instructions for Authors of preferred journal
Language edit – $40/hr
- Correct and improve English expression
- Ensure language is suitable for your target readership
- Reduce verbosity – aim for concise and articulate writing
Structural edit – $POA
- Assess and modify, if necessary the document structure in order to convey your message most clearly
- Make recommendations for appropriate presentation of results — text, tables or figures/graphics
- Language edit